Interceptor Project, Utica, Shelby, Sterling Heights
A request for bids recently went out for work in the
Oakland Macomb Interceptor Drain Drainage District (OMIDDD)
involving Segment 4 Repair, Contract No. 5.
The work performed is along Utica Road for the sections
PCI-9 and PCI-10A/B of the Oakland Macomb Interceptor.
On September 11, 2014, the bids will be opened in Waterford,
via offices of The Oakland County Water Resources Commissioner
The interceptor project encroaches upon the nature preserve
created basically from the toxic G & H landfill now overseen by
Environmental Contractor – CRA Environmental Services.
Conestoga-Rovers & Associates Inc.
14496 Sheldon Road, Suite 200
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
Phone: (734) 453-5123
Fax: (734) 453-5201
CRA CLIENT: G&H LANDFILL PRP GROUP
DURATION: 1993 – ONGOING
COST so far $16 MILLION
Phase 5B will be awarded and executed
only if and when Federal Financing is obtained.
Work items for both phases of Contract No. 5 include the following:
– Construction of permanent gravel roadways.
– Construction of temporary crossings.
– Construction of 2 access shafts.
– Repair hole in the PCI-9 interceptor.
– Repair visible reinforcement and where reinforcement outline is visible.
– Inject cementitious grout (from in tunnel) in areas with
suspected voids surrounding the interceptor;
seal running and gushing leaks with chemical grout.
– Access manholes modification/restoration.
– Repair localized crack/fracture using chemical grout.
– Interceptor lining of selected locations.
– Interceptor lining at meter tap locations.
– Perform CCTV inspection after completion of repairs.
– Sewage flow management.
Previous studies of the existing Interceptor have shown
microbial induced corrosion (MIC) which now needs repair
to prevent future catastrophic failures.