Red Run Historical Marker
Warren Historical Commission
Location: Historical Plaques located at Mound Road
(north of Chicago Rd), and also Van Dyke Avenue (north of Chicago Rd).
Only 10 miles from French Fort Detroit (1701), it took 100 years before settlers reached Warren. The Red Run Creek, a branch of the Clinton River was the means that the early pioneers followed by canoe. The Red Run Creek provided the pathway that the Moravian Trail (a 23.5 mile wagon road built in 1785 by the Moravian Missionaries and local Native Americans) followed to reach the interior to settle and homestead. At the time, this territory was nothing but a marsh and the Red Run Creek and other similar waterways provided the drain outlets to dry the land and open the area for forestry and farming.